S&S Recycling LLC
Buyer of all types of scrap metal
What We Buy/Regulations
S&S Recycling purchases ferrous and non ferrous metals all types. However, there are some items we do not accept. Please refer to the lists below for regulations and unacceptable items.
- Vehicles: All vehicles must be registered to the person selling the vehicle to us.
In order for us to pay "Whole Car" price your vehicle must be 100% complete with a clear title. This includes the catalytic converters.
- Compressors: Must be removed from refrigerator and are purchased separately as "Sealed Units"
- Aluminum Cans: Should be clean, free of water and debris including foil, pie pans, trash, etc.
- Tanks/Cylinders: Must have valve removed.
ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR A FEE or ACCEPTED AT NO VALUE
We accept some items for a fee such as microwaves. Some other items will be accepted without a fee and are considered zero value, as in we do not pay for those items. Please refer to our Prices page for rates on these items. Negative/no-value items include:
- Home/Office Phones
- LCD Monitor 15" or Less
- CRT Monitors
- Ni-Cad Batteries
- Televisions (tube type and flatscreen)
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
- Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, or wood.
- Compressed Gas Cylinders with valve
- Asbestos-containing material
- Acetylene or commercial gas cylinders
- Cathode Ray Tubes
- Containers with liquids (paint, oil, gasoline, etc.)
- Mercury switches or devices
- Flammable or Combustible material
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- CFCs or refrigerants
- Munitions, bullets, or explosives
- Radioactive material
- Prepared (Short) Iron: 3 foot x 18 inches (see specs below)
- #1 Copper: strands of copper larger than a #2 pencil lead
- #2 Copper: strands of copper smaller than a #2 pencil lead
- Tubing: with any solder, brass, or corrosion is purchased as #2
Prepared (Short) Iron Specifications
Prepared iron, also known as short iron, is iron smaller than 3 feet x 18 inches and at least 1/8 inch thick
Items not qualified as short iron:
Tin (i.e. barn tin, roofing tin)
Anything over 3 ft x 18 in